Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Chris Brown, Intervention, and Price of a Damn Sandwich!





Ok so, obvs, i'm really behind on the times. I haven't really watched any kinda pop culture shit in a while, besides trashy reality shows, so I didn't know the 'Chris Brown Scandal'. I read today, thanks the reporter who basically put it in the headline to grab my attention, that Chris Brown beat up Rihanna. Wow. Like he thought he wasn't gonna get caught?! So now they're saying his career is dead. Yeah probably is. I'd have to agree.







Another young celeb, Michael Phelps, is another one. Altho' I don't think he should be dropped from all his endorsements, cuz what young kid doesn't smoke weed? Ok I didn't but thats just cuz I hateeeeee the smell of it and I quickly learned that I was the odd one out in that dept. I was like, the only person I knew who didn't smoke it! But whatevs, my lungs are fucked up enough thanks to my father and years of secondhand smoke. I have already failed numerous breathing and lung capacity tests and I am a non smoker! Sad isn't it? Does he even care? No! Even after he lost a chunk of a lung, and his vocal chords. But back to young Mr. Phelps... I understand why he was dropped from endorsements cuz they wanna project a wholesome image. But to prosecute him? Nahhhh. Then you'd arrest every frat boy, sorority chick and gen college population in colleges across America! Just leave it alone. I think he's learned his lesson. If not, well he has a career that will crumble like a piece of corn muffin...




Speaking of food... I stopped at the diner on my way to the temp grind today to get a bacon and egg white sandwich on a toasted roll. Yes, I know I bought the toaster oven for this very purpose so that I could make my OWN and save money, but that just hasn't happened since I pushed back my 'wakey wakey time' to 7:50am from 7:20am. I haven't woken up at 7:20 in a while now! I hear the bitch next door yelling at her kid at 7, but I can still lay there and zone out amidst the "Seth get up!!! Seth , get dressed!!!!" screams. So anyway, went to the diner, ordered it ahead of time so I can just swing by and get it, and realize that it costs $5 and change for a damn sandwich! When I lived in NYC (where I spent most of my adult life so far), you could go to a cafe or a street cart and get a sandwich for $2.50! I used to patronize the Oxford Cafe and get either a sandwich or a wrap and a soda. Why the F are they charging 5 dolla for a sandwich now?! ugh, I really DO need to start waking up earlier and making this shit my damn self! S'sly!!!


Last topic for this blog: Intervention

This is a show on A&E and it's been on for a few years now. I absolutely heart this show!! I don't now why. I'm not an addict, I don't know any addicts, my life has never been affected by an addict, but I find it strangely interesting. Every person on there is addicted to some kinda drug, alkee, or behavior (mostly drugs and alkee tho'). They follow a story line. An intro, showing you the person, they tell some stuff about themselves, they show what kinda drugs, or alcohol they use, how often, how they do it, where they get it, how it affects the fam, then they do a flashback to the childhood. Usually the ppl are all sparkly bright little kids w/ winning personalities. Then something goes wrong. Whether its a cheating boyfriend, murder of a parent, drug/alkee usage in the fam, scandal or whatever, something leads these ppl down the dark path. So then they start using drugs or drinking, and become the mess you see before you. But when you ask the addicts why they use drugs and why they're hurting so badly, they don't know. But you can clearly see it in their story, what led them to do this.



Geniusosity

Yesterday, being the genius that I am, I dropped my cable box in my room. Ugh! So the access card thingy that you need to get your channels (on Cablevision) didnt stay in the slot. I was told I can still get access to 160 of my many many channels in my room with out the box. So I adjusted some wires and was able to get SOME (but not 160) channels. Unfortunately, A&E was not one of the channels I got, so I had to watch Intervention on the couch last nite. Usually I do watch tv in my living room but it was freezing last nite and my bed has a down comforter! I usually go in my room at 9 something to watch tv and I fall asleep at some point but I stayed on the couch and shivered to watch this show. Today alot of earth, space and science shit is on the history channel. I think I get that in my room tho'. I also have rehearsal (for Band) tonight which means a ridiculously long day. I have to fig out how to switch cable boxes so that I won't have to pay for the one I broke. It is probably fixable but you know they're gonna tell you its NOT just so you can pay them more money!














This killed a decent amount of time. I am supposed to update my company's website but have not been able to get ON all morning! (This happens alot!) Ugh. Gotta keep trying tho'. I just can't wait til this weekend. Well no, I can't wait for Sunday when Valentine's day is OVER!!! I dread V Day. I have a goal... I will spend alot of time swimming this week. i haven't done much of anything lately and although I don't think I gained any weight I'd like to lose! I have clothes that I need to get into cuz I cant afford to buy any more! Peace out foo'!

1 comment:

  1. I'm kinda sorta on Chris Brown's side in this mess....mostly because Rihanna annoys me but also because I have a hot/violent temper and I've often wonder why I hardly ever got slapped up. This whole be-on-her-side-cuz-shes-a-chick BS is annoying. if you hit someone, you deserve to be hit back and you better pray the other person isn't stronger than you. JMO

    Phelps should just move to Amsterdam and swim for that country just to teach America how to appreciate him. I'm on his side. it's just a little weed.

    I hate paying for ridiculously priced shit...especially my coffee every morning. I miss the street vendors in NY.

    don't even get me started on VDay. I was supposed to be at MSG but couldn't get tix. I'm glad I didn't, but I miss NYC.

    ReplyDelete